Welcome to the forum of the World Federation of Science Journalists (WFSJ). This is a public forum open to all members of our community at large: science — and other — journalists, science writers, communicators, scientists, students and anyone involved in activities aimed at “bringing science to the people”.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. In order to contribute to the forum and engage with the Community, we only ask yo to register in your real name and provide proof of your activity in the field.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community. Please note that registering on the WFSJ Forum means that you have read the:
And that you agree to abide by them. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “WFSJ FORUM REGISTRATION”.
[Solved] FORUM RULES - Please read before posting
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.
We expect that all members of WFSJ Forums will behave in a way that’s conducive to the diversity, intelligence and respectfulness of the community. Each of these three general principles is fundamental to the quality of our site.
We are a community of journalists, from different backgrounds and with different perspectives on life. At all times, we expect our members to understand that. These forums consist of many members from around the globe and for whom English may not be their first language; Please consider this when reading, posting or replying to posts as misunderstandings can often occur.
Similarly, please use your discretion and be sensitive to the feelings of other members who may be from a diverse range of cultures and socio-economic groups, what may be appropriate or acceptable terminology or behavior in one culture or society, may have an entirely different meaning or sensitivity to another.
The forum Administrators or Moderators may delete or edit any posts which they consider as being :
At all times, their decision is final.
We are a community with quality standards and expect our members will make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting on WFSJ Forums is completely optional; many members often prefer to just read what others have to say. But if you do post, we expect that you will post meaningfully.
We expect our members to show respect for others. Respecting their person, their views, their time and their opinions... even if you disagree with them.
The following categories of online conduct are unacceptable on WFSJ Forums and constitute a violation of our Community Standards which may result in warning, suspension or loss of membership:
- Harrassment: Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, threatens, and/or denigrates another member at any time. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot", "moron", "stupid" and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a forum member can also constitute harassment. In other words : no flaming other members (this means no slander of any kind will be tolerated).
- Disruption: Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.
- Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness: As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask that our members post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity not only includes vulgar language and pictures but also sexist, racist, anti-religious and homophobic language which may offend other members. In addition, the "masking" of vulgarity by inserting * or another keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term is unacceptable in most cases. We realize that there's a "grey area" of judgement with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by avoiding vulgarity.
- Solicitation: Do not use WFSJ Forums to advertise your site, items for sale, commercial services or website. Doing so without express prior Forum Administration permission will result in banning or the suspension of your entitlements to post or message. This includes the sending of messages to other user of other forums or sites of which you may be associated.
- Spamming: Spamming is the multiple posting of an identical or similar post on one or more of our forums, and this activity is not permitted.
Specific Forum Rules
Violations of the following can result in immediate warning, suspension or loss of membership (ie. Banning):
- Always use the same username and do not impersonate others. Use of more than one username is grounds for banning.
- This site is not for your own commercial exploitation or self-promotion of your own business or other commercial activities, unless specifically approved by the site administrators.
Please bear in mind that these are only guidelines; there is always a "grey area" and we understand that. Use your best judgment. Although the administrators and moderators of the WFSJ Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the employees of the WFSJ or the WFSJ Forums will be held responsible for the content of any message. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The WFSJ Forums reserve the right to:
Remove, edit, move or close any thread
Ban a member for any reason.
Messages posted on WFSJ Forums might sometimes include links to other Internet sites. We do not endorse any such sites or their content. By posting on the WFSJ Forums, you grant WFSJ Forums a royalty-free, irrevocable nonexclusive license to display, modify, and preserve your content on our server. This provision does not apply to content for which WFSJ Forums has entered into a separate license or purchase agreement.
The opinions posted on the WFSJ Forums are solely those of the author. The WFSJ Forums does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any message, and the WFSJ Forums is not responsible for the contents of any message.
By providing you with the ability to distribute your content, the WFSJ Forums is acting as a passive conduit for such distribution. The WFSJ Forums does not select the material to be posted, or selectively determine who will receive the material. The WFSJ Forums reserves the right to monitor some, all, or no areas of this site for adherence to these rules or applicable law. The WFSJ Forums reserves the right to remove or edit any post and to suspend or revoke the posting privileges of any person, and all such decisions are final and shall fall within the sole discretion of the the WFSJ Forums, its administrators and/or moderators, without any duty to enter into correspondence or provide reasons.